- Science popularity is growing online!
- Good science always has political ramifications.
- A great post on chemophobia by See Ar Oh (justlikecooking.blogspot.com).
- Snakes on a plane! No, really, snakes on a plane.
- As you may know, there is an official petition page for the White House. Citizens can write a petition about anything they want to see happen. Any petition that gets enough signatures requires a formal statement by the White House. Someone thought it would be a good idea to petition the White House to build a Death Star. Certainly they won't respond to that, right? Wrong. This great response (Titled "This Isn't the Petition Response You're Looking For") gives a few jokes about the implausibility/immorality of building a Death Star and then takes this opportunity to highlight the great science that is actually happening in space. I thought this was a perfect response by the White House.