- The Mars Curiosity Rover is a litterbug...
- Sir John Gurdon, who this week was awarded the Nobel prize in medicine, tells the story of his first science teacher. Gurdon still keeps the original report in his office to remind him that he "may not be cut out for this after all".
- What does the Higgs Boson sound like? This is the data collected by ATLAS, one of the groups working at CERN that found the Higgs Boson, with each data point transcribed to a musical note. (Link via itsokaytobesmart.com)
- An 11 year old boy finds a nearly intact woolly mammoth carcass. I remember playing in the mountains when I was younger - every discarded Coke bottle we found was a treasure. I can't imagine the feeling of finding something like this.
- Speaking of old carcasses, here's an ancient spider that never got to finish its meal...
- Bill Nye needs your help:
- I'll end the links with the best. In this video Neil deGrasse Tyson explains what he sees as the most astounding fact. I disagree with anyone that say science removes the beauty of the universe by trying to explain it. Science gives beauty to the universe. Science gives understanding and reason to the universe.You will be touched by this video.
If you have a question you'd like me to answer, a comment, or just want to start a science based discussion head over to the Facebook page.